It’s very important that you hire the right DJ for your event. There are many Toronto DJ companies to choose from and booking a DJ can exciting as well as challenging at times.
It’s essential to have a face-to-face meeting with the actual Toronto DJ who will be playing for your event and interview him / her before you sign up with them. Regardless if your event is a Wedding, Prom, Semi-Formal or a School Dance it is recommended that you shortlist at least three companies to be interviewed before you make your selection.
Here is a list is questions that will help you in your during your meeting. Think of it as a job interview and you are hiring this person. Be confident and friendly but not afraid to ask tough questions to make sure you are comfortable with the DJ. After all it is your event and you call the shots!
Familiarize yourself with the question before you meet with the Toronto DJ. If possible take a printout of the questions and have a separate paper for each DJ you meet to make notes. Select a suitable venue and be there early so that you are well prepared for the meeting when the DJ arrives.
When the DJ arrives, greet him and engage in friendly conversation to make the DJ comfortable before you go thorough your questions.
So here’s some of the questions you should ask the Toronto DJ.
About the Business:
- This basic information will provide you a good idea about how stable and reliable the company is and whether the DJ Company is a serious business or if they are a single person operation
About the DJ:
2. Who is the actual DJ that will perform at my event? When will I get to meet him / her?
3. How many years of experience does he / she have? Has he / she performed at the venue I have selected?
- Extremely important that you meet with the actual Toronto DJ or Toronto Wedding DJ who will be assigned for your event before you sign the contract
About DJ Music:
4. How many songs do you have in your library? How often is it updated? Will the DJ create a custom play list for my event? What’s the style of your DJ mixing?
5. Do you take requests? Can you name the Top 5 songs in the carts?
6. What would you as the DJ do to motivate and get the crowd pumped? What strategy will you as a Professional Toronto DJ use if no one is dancing?
7. What radio station do you listen to? What is your favorite Genre & Artist?
- Asking the Top 5 songs may sound silly but it would provide you a very good idea if the DJ knows what he is doing. If the DJ cannot name the Top 5 songs then it can be a huge Red Flag
- Asking the DJ about the radio station & genres would give you a very good idea about the DJ’s taste profile and whether or not it matches with your own music taste
About Toronto DJ Equipment:
8. Do your DJ company own or rent equipment? What type of PA / sound system do you have? What about dance lighting? What about back-up equipment and back-up DJ?
- If the DJ Company does not have their own equipment then it’s a concern as the Best Toronto DJ companies always use their own equipment and never rent
- The Top Toronto DJ’s will have digital music libraries and MP3 controllers which is the latest advancement is technology. If they are using CD’s then they are out date!
About DJ Service Pricing & DJ Contract:
9. What is the total cost to perform at my event? Do you have a contract? What is the deposit required?
- Make sure you are comfortable with the pricing packages offered by the DJ Service and it covers your full entertainment requirement. You should ask the DJ service to explain if there are any hidden costs and also request them to explain the terms of the DJ contract
About DJ’s Flexibility & Service:
10. What is unique about your service? Do you have a money-back guarantee?
- Ask the DJ for references and also how they can guarantee that your event is a success. Most Toronto DJ companies DO NOT offer a money back guarantee, however if the DJ is confident and committed to making your event a success they will offer a guarantee and will be willing to note it down on the contract